Master of Media by AITU
The objective of our academic Master of Arts in Media is to enhance the knowledge and skills of our researchers in the different fields of media studies: New Media Studies, Journalism, Mass-Communication and Public Relations, Radio and Television studies, and other related subjects.
- Qualifying students to practice working in the press and all media methods.
- Providing students with opportunities for continuing education to successfully practice them in the fields of journalism and media with all their specializations.
- Providing the students with the appropriate technical skills to qualify them to work in the different specializations of journalism and media.
- Helping in the development and growth of communications and media in the region.
- Understanding the basics of making the news story and how it is drafted and marketed in a way that is attractive to the public.
- Achieving the requirements of critical thinking regarding the news and information received by the learner and refuting them according to their correct sources.
- Realizing the importance of publishing the news and how to diversify the sources of obtaining it from its direct sources.
- Providing constructive and purposeful media to advance societies and achieve an enlightened culture against ignorance and intolerance.
Mode of Study:
Mix Mode (Courses + Thesis)
Period of Study:
2 years (1st year is for courses & 2nd year is for thesis)
Cost of Degree:
5000 USD for the total degree (excluding the US attestation fees, if required)
Program Core Courses and Credit Hours (48 credit hours):
|Course Code||Course||Credit Hours|
|MAM 101||Research Methodology||4|
|MAM 102||Data Analysis||4|
|MAM 103||Media Theories||4|
|MAM 104||Media Sociology||4|
|MAM 106||Media Planning||4|
|MAM 107||Journalism Techniques||4|
|MAM 108||TV & Radio Broadcasting – Advanced||4|
|MAM 109||Public Relations and Mass-Communications – Advanced||4|
|MAM 110||Media and Globalization||4|
|MAM 111||Thesis (Dissertation)||8|
Program Total Credit Hours:
48 Credit Hours
Program Degree Issuer and Accreditation:
This Master of Media academic program is delivered by IASA Academy according to the academic collaboration agreement (MoA) that is signed between IASA and the US university AITU, which is authorized by the State of Florida, Department of Education Commission on Independent Education, Section 1005.06(1)(f), to award Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate Degrees.
“American International Theism University is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC). ASIC accreditation helps students make a more informed choice and will also help a school, college, university, demonstrate to the international student body that they are a high-quality institution.
ASIC is recognized by UKVI in UK, is a member of the CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG) in USA and is listed in their International Directory, is a member of the BQF (British Quality Foundation), are affiliates of ENQA (European Network for Quality Assurance) and are institutional members of the European Network EDEN.”
AITU is also accredited by the US accreditation body “AAA Accreditation” as a training & education provider in accordance with the US standard ASTM E2659.
All the degrees are issued by AITU university and can be attested – upon student request and at his own expense out of the above-mentioned degree fees – by the US attestation authorities.
- A legalized Bachelor’s degree with a minimum grading of: Good or GPA: 2.5. If less than this, an appeal must be raised to IASA with support documents to be sent to AITU Academic Senate to study the case and take decision. Also, a legalized transcript is required.
- A minimum of 1-year work experience, CV is required.
- Copy of ID with a biometric recent photo.
- Paying the program fees.